Well Woman Exams
A “Well Woman Exam” is a foundation for wellness and the promotion of health management for women of all ages. A Well Woman Exam can also be referred to as a routine check-up, yearly exam, annual pap, and preventive visit. The exam is a part living a healthy lifestyle and important for the early detection of disease.
A Well Woman Exam normally includes the following:
- A personal discussion about your health, physical and mental well being
- General physical exam
- A breast exam
- A pelvic exam (pap smear)
- An update of life and work situation
- An update of family health history (any new serious illnesses in your family?)
- A review of your health history
- An update of current medications, herbs, and supplements (bring list)
- Discuss your need for medication refills
- An evaluation of need for health screening tests based on age, personal and family history
- Update your immunization records
A Well Woman Exam should be done on an annual basis. If it has been more than 12 months since your last exam, please contact our Camelback Health Care at (602) 368-5861 to schedule yours today.